Sunday, December 19, 2010

A quick clarification (i.e. "retcon")

I realized with that last post that I never really established what qualifies as a "new" release as opposed to a "retro." Initially I wanted to review new releases within a week or so of hitting stores, but since I tend to go for long periods without posting, that doesn't always apply. Also, I sometimes don't have time to let an album sink in during that amount of time.

Therefore, let me state for the record (no pun intended) that I will generally use the term "New Release" to apply to an album that has come out within the last 2-3 months, that I started listening to shortly after release. If a review is backlogged anymore than that, it will just be a "Review." I'll limit "Retro Reviews" to anything around 4+ years old. Sound like a deal? Too bad, it wasn't an offer. My house, my rules. :-P

0 comments:

Post a Comment