Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gadget removal

OK, had to do away with the Twitter gadget already.

Apparently, Twitter places a limit of 350 API calls per hour on a given account. This is a perfectly reasonable number; I don't think I could make 350 queries from my Droid in an hour if I tried.

Yet, after posting once around 10AM and doing nothing more for the next 6 hours, I was still getting an error message from Touiteur saying I'd exceeded my API call rate limit. Turns out the blog gadget is making those calls. That's way too many calls in an hour for a blog gadget. Especially for a blog that no one actually reads (or posts to). :-P Guess I'll have to figure something else out if I want the posts to show up here; I can't have my blog effectively blocking access from my phone, now, can I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment